KANDIYOHI COUNTY PUBLIC WORKS
Gary Danielson – Public Works Director
1801 E Highway 12, Willmar, MN 56201
(320) 235-3266 Fax: (320) 235-0055
Public Works Location Map
Public Works Director is responsible for the Public Works Department including Green Lake Sanitary Sewer & Water District and Ag/Public Drainage.
The Public Works Department is responsible for maintenance & construction of the County’s 649 mile highway system and 69 bridges. Some specific duties within the Department include the following:
- Preparation of a 5-year plan outlining proposed road and bridge projects.
- Planning, surveying, designing, constructing and inspecting all road and bridge projects.
- Administration of construction contracts and maintenance projects.
- Annual safety inspections of 68 county bridges and 52 township bridges.
- Providing county road maintenance, including ice and snow removal, on 452 miles of bituminous roads and 197 miles of gravel roads.
- Mowing and maintenance of county road ditches.
- Maintaining the County's pavement and sign management system.
- Annual application of calcium chloride for dust control on gravel roads.
- Seasonal pavement marking.
- Assist Townships with design, construction, and administration of bituminous overlay projects.
- Assist Townships with ice and snow removal.