Services for People with Developmental Disabilities
Our goal is to help people with developmental disabilities
(DD) live in their communities as independently as possible.
Access to services starts with an Assessment
Please call 320-231-7800 Ext.2498 for more information on how to access services or schedule an Assessment.
During the Assessment, our staff will provide information on
• DD screenings
• Community resources and county, state, & federal programs
• Short-term service planning to help individuals and families develop a plan of care
• Ongoing case management
• Assistance with applying for public benefits
• Access to the DD Waiver or other Waiver Programs that may be appropriate
• Access to information on specialized housing and funding including assisted living options
Developmental Disabilities (DD) Waiver: Home and community based services necessary as an alternative to institutionalization that promote the optimal health, independence, safety and integration of a person who meets the waiver eligibility criteria and who would require the level of care provided in an Intermediate Care Facility for Persons with Developmental Disabilities.
1. Eligible for Medical Assistance (MA) based on a disability diagnosis.
Kandiyohi County Health and Human Services
2200 23rd St. NE, Ste 1020
Willmar, MN 56201
Phone: (320) 231-7800
Toll Free: (877) 464-7800
For people unable to hear:
(320) 231-7076 V/TDD