- Applications for Disability Certificates can be picked up at the office or mailed to you. Call the office at 320-231-6205 if you need an application.
- The disabled individual must fill out the top of the application and sign. The individuals doctor must fill out the bottom and sign. If the certificate is valid for “Temporary” or “Short-Term” there is a $5.00 fee per certificate that needs to accompany the application.
- Bring the properly signed application into the office and we will send it in and give you a 30-day temporary disability certificate for the disabled individual to use until they receive their certificate from the State of Minnesota (usually takes 4 wks).
- If you need a duplicate certificate because yours was lost, stolen or damaged the disabled individual must only fill out the top. The doctor section does not need to be filled in again.
- If you have a permanent certificate (good for 6 years) that is about to expire the state will be sending you a post-card like form that you need to sign and mail back to them and they will in turn mail out another permanent certificate. Do not bring the post card into our office, they are to be mailed directly to the state.
- Types of Certificates:
- Temporary – duration: 1-6 mo. FEE $5.00
- Short-Term – duration: 7-12 mo FEE$5.00
- Long Term – duration: 13-71 mo. FEE None
- Permanent Cert. – duration 6 yrs. FEE Non
- *Commercial – duration: 3 yrs. FEE $5.00
* Commercial Certificates are valid for 3 years and are issued to charitable organizations and health care facilities; a letter from the organization explaining the use and safeguards of the certificates is required along with tha disability permit application to record name and address information, no physician statement is required.
* The ONLY person(s) who can apply for duplicate title, is the person on record with the State of Minnesota. (we can accept written permission from the person on record for duplicate plates or tabs, but NOT for a duplicate title.)
* Information needed to apply for duplicates include the following:
- License Plate number (if it has been registered in the last 7 years)
- Title number
- Current or old registration card or cab card
- Seller must sign in the appropriate spot on the foreign state title.(each state varies so read title carefully)
- Buyer(s) information must be filled in on the title
- In addition, the buyer must fill out a PS2000 form to register the vehicle in Minnesota. This means that when there will be more than one buyer both need to be present to sign the form. A form can be picked up ahead of time for another party to sign or click on the Forms link to Print a PS2000 for the other party to sign.
- If money was borrowed to purchase the vehicle, the buyer(s) must provide complete name and address of lien holder and date of loan.
- If you are moving to our state and are registering your vehicle but not transferring it you will need the following information:
- Foreign State Title( If you do not have your title because you have a loan on your vehicle please bring your most current cab card along with the lien holders information, including their address.)
- A PS 2000 Form will be filled in, you may print a copy from the Forms link
- *Note - As of January 1, 2016 - Insurance information is required on all transactions involving mself-propelled motor vehicles, motorcycles and mopeds. Pre MN Statute 2014, section 169.798, subd.4. This would include company, policy number and expiration date.
- Transfer of ownership is completed on the vehicle registration card or by written bill of sale which includes a complete vehicle description (year, make, model and vehicle identification number) purchaser’s name and date of sale. All owners (sellers) and buyers must sign the bill of sale.
- Purchaser must in some cases complete an application to title/register a motor vehicle (PS2000). This means that when there will be more than one buyer both need to be present to sign the form. A form can also be picked up ahead of time for another party to sign, or the Form PS2000 can be printed from the Forms link on this page.
- For detailed information on how to license a homemade trailer 3000 lbs and under please call 320-231-6205 or see the State of Minnesota website mndriveinfo.org
To renew your motor vehicle registration at our office:
- Submit a renewal notice.(please do not detach)
- Be sure that your address is correct – if there should be a change indicate the new address on the back of the renewal form.
- The total amount indicated on the renewal is the proper amount. Checks should be made out to: Kandiyohi County License Bureau
- If you do not have the renewal notice, you must provide the license plate number, the vehicles title or old registration card and proper identification.
- If you are renewing for someone other than yourself and do not have their renewal notice, you MUST have written permission to purchase their tabs.
To renew your motor vehicle registration by mail:
Important information: By mailing directly to our office you are supporting your local license center. We will send out registration tabs the same day we receive the renewal. It should be an approximate 2-3 day turnaround. (If you do it online it will take approximately 3-4 weeks for you to receive your tabs.)
- Submit renewal notice.(please do not detach)
- Be sure that your address is correct-if there should be a change indicate the new address on the back of the renewal form.
- The total amount indicated on the renewal is the proper amount. Checks should be made out to:Kandiyohi County License Bureau.
- Submit renewal notices and check or money order to:
Kandiyohi County License Bureau
P.O. Box 936
Willmar, MN 56201
*NOTE - Beginning January 1, 2016, insurance information including company, policy number and expiration date will be required for all renewals on self-propelled motorvehicles and motorcycles/mopeds.. Per Statute 2014, section 169.798 Subd 4.
- Manufacturer’s Statement of Origin(MSO) must be complete and submitted
- In addition, a PS2000 form completed by buyer(s). This means that when there will be more than one buyer both need to be present to sign the form. A form may be picked up ahead of time for another party to sign or it may be printed out from the forms link on this page.
- If money was borrowed to purchase the vehicle, the buyer(s) must provide complete name and address of lien holder(s) and the date of the loan. If no money was borrowed, check “no” for the question on security interests.
- If tax was previously paid to another state we would need to provide the State of Minnesota an original receipt showing the amount of tax paid. If it is less than 6.5% the difference is due.
- *Note - As of January 1, 2016 - insurance information is required on all self-propeleld motor vehicles, motorcycles and mopeds, when title is applied for. Per Statute 2014, section 169.798, subd 4. This would include name of company, policy number and expiration date.
- All owners(sellers) must sign the proper spot on title
- The seller must provide date of sale where indicated
- The seller must provide odometer(mileage) where indicated on the title
- If any secured parties (lien holders) are listed on the title, the seller(s) must provide a lien release from each of the lien holders listed.
- For motorcycles, the engine number must be written on the front of the title.
- For mobile homes, the seller must provide a form from the county where the home is located stating that all taxes have been paid and there are no delinquent taxes due.
- All buyers must fill out the buyer name and address section and sign where indicated on the title.
- If money was borrowed to purchase the vehicle, the buyer(s) must provide complete name and address of the lien holder(s) and date of loan.
- Fees and sales tax are due at time of transfer and if registration is expired it must be purchased at time of transfer.
- Buyer(s) have 14 days to transfer title without late fees being assessed.
- *Note - As of January 1, 2016 insurance information is required on all self-propelled motor vehicle, motorcycle and moped transfers. Per MN Statute 2014 Section 169.798 Subd 4. This includes cname of company, policy number and expiration date.