We do not do License Testing at this location. If you need to make an appointment to schedule an exam their location is:
Drivers License Exam Station
Phone # 320-231-1735
Written tests given Monday – Friday, 8:00 am-3:45 pm
Schedule for Road Tests Monday –Friday, 8:00 am-4 pm
Present your expiring driver’s license or ID card. If it has been lost or stolen, we can verify your identity on the state’s computer system. You must then:
- Fill out application
- Take vision test(driver’s license only).
- Present any documentation that makes you eligible for limited or reduced fee ID indicators.
- A new Photograph is required on all renewals and name changes.
- Applicants under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian’s signature either witnessed by license clerk or notorized(drivers license only)
- Under 21 renewals can not be done until 3-weeks prior to your 21st birthday.
Submit your valid test score sheet or current permit. If replacing a lost or stolen permit, we can verify your identity in the state’s computer system.
If a first time permit is being applied for you need to present two forms of Identification. The most common would be a Certified Birth Certificate and a social security card (unlaminated). A complete list of acceptable forms of ID can be obtained in the office or online at the Driver and Vehicle Services Page of the MN Department of Public Safety.
- A vision test must be taken
- Applicants under 18 years of age must have parent or legal guardian’s signature on application to be witnessed by License Clerk or notorized.
- The current fee for an Instruction Permit is $13.25
- Instruction permits are valid for 2 years
First-Time Minnesota ID Card
Present two acceptable forms of ID; at least one of these must be considered a “primary document”. Most common forms of ID include:
- Certified Birth Certificate
- US Passport
- Foreign Passport with proof of legal entry(I-94, I-551)
- Permanent Resident Card
- Employment Authorization Card
- Certificate of Naturalization
- Social Security Card
- Out-of-state ID card or driver’s license
- Certified copy of school transcript
The current fee for an ID is $19.25 for any one under 65; and $16.50 for age 65 & older.
You need to apply for a duplicate drivers license or ID card if:
- Your name or address has changes.
- Your Minnesota license or ID has been lost or stolen
- Your Minnesota license or ID card has been mutilated or destroyed.
- You are adding an endorsement (motorcycle, firearm, etc)
- You are removing a corrective lens restriction.
What you need to present to apply:
- Present your current driver’s license or ID if changing name or address. If it has been lost or stolen we can verify your identity on the state’s computer system.
- Present certified name change document (Marriage certificate, divorce decree, or court order) if changing your name.
- Present documentation that makes you eligible to add any endorsement (test score sheet, firearm certificate, etc)
- Provide proof of being eligible to remove a restriction (take vision testor present completed Visual Acuity form)
- To remove farm restrictions the individual MUST have had their Instruction Permit for AT LEAST 6 MONTHS and have turned 16.
- Applicants under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian’s signature on application (drivers license only)
Current Fee for a duplicate ID or DL is: $14.75