ApplicationsOwner Occupied / Relative and Agricultural Homestead
- You must have owned and occupied the property as your primary residence by no later than December 1st and application must be received at the Assessor's office no later than December 15th of the current year to be eligible for homestead in the next payable year.
- For manufactured homes, the application is due by May 29th for taxes payable in the current year.
- Each applicant who occupies the property must provide a Social Security number and sign the form. Spouses of the applicants must also provide their Social Security number, even if they do not occupy the property. Owners that do not occupy the property must give their mailing address and relationship to the other owner(s).
- To apply for class 1b blind/disabled homestead, you must complete the appropriate application with your County Assessor by October 1st for taxes payable the next year.
- Your disability or blindness must have occurred on or before June 30 of the year your are filing for the special homestead classification. You must attach the appropriate documentation proving that you are blind/disabled (see information in the Fact Sheet below).
- You must apply by July 1 to qualify for the exclusion on the current year's market value for taxes payable next year (except for manufactured homes assessed as personal property, which are taxed in the same year they are assessed).
- Any application received after July 1 of the assessment year will not be considered until the following assessment year.
- Surviving spouses of service members who die in active duty may apply for initial exclusion within two years of the death of the service member.
- Disabled Vet Fact Sheet
- Disabled Vet (70 percent or more disability) Homestead Application
- Disabled Vet (Total and Permanent disability) Homestead Application
- Disabled Vet (Disabled Veteran's Primary Family Caregiver) Application
- Surviving Spouses of Totally and Permanently Disabled Veterans or Service Members who have died while serving honorable in active service Application
Special Agricultural Homestead
- Please call the Assessor's office for information and application.
- Application deadline is December 15th. Please contact the Assessor's office for the correct application.
- Please call our office for the correct application.